Black Friday Shopping Tips

Category Shopping
The day after Thanksgiving is a major retail shopping event, known as Black Friday. This is a guide about Black Friday shopping tips.

If you don't have to work, stay home. I am serious. While it's great the economy is improving, and we all must help, my idea of getting a jump on the holiday season is not seeing or hearing or worse yet, being involved in anyone getting hurt or worse by a throng of bargain hungry humans.

There is a website to see early ad scans of the day after Thanksgiving sales from major retailers. They add more stores each week. You can do extensive budget planning way ahead of time and plan your agenda if you go shopping than.

Source: http://bfads.net/

By Bella Swan from Forks, WA

Staying on a budget during the holidays is important. Therefore, to make it through this season of giving, there are several ways to shop for the best prices. One way is to wait until Black Friday to buy certain items. There are seven items that you should consider buying on this day. A second way to help your budget is to start your holiday shopping now and spread your spending over several weeks or months. However, Black Friday offers bargain hunters a chance to buy your holiday gifts at discounted prices.

Here are seven bargains to buy on Black Friday

1. Cookware: This year, Black Friday will offer a plethora of deals on kitchen accessories, pots, and pans. Furthermore, some of the best discounts this year on cookware will be offered at Walmart, Amazon.com and Kohl's.

2. HDTVs: Every year Black Friday is known for their discounts on TVs. However, the largest discounts offered on this day are for the lower-end HDTVs. Therefore, if you are concerned about price and not quality then you should get up early and fight the crowds to get the best deals on off-brand HDTVs. If quality is your driving factor when purchasing a HDTV this season you'll find discounts on brand-name HDTVs. Unfortunately, the discounts on brand-name HDTVs won't be as low as the off-brand HDTVs.

3. Laptop Computers: This year you can find some great deals on discounted laptop computers. The 13-inch laptops will be marked down as much as 50% during the sale weekend. Amazon.com will offer you the best discounts on Apple products. You can save up to 20% buying online and not direct from the Apple store.

4. New Tablets: Starting the first of November you will find some good deals on older models of tablets, but the newer models won't be discounted until Black Friday. It is predicted that the iPad Air 2 will be discounted at Best Buy, Stables, and MacMall.com. However, if you are interested in the iPad Air 2 Amazon.com will likely offer you a bundle deal that includes a gift card. Furthermore, some tablets like Amazon's Fire won't be discounted until Cyber Monday. This takes place the Monday after the Thanksgiving sale.

5. Small Appliances: On Black Friday you can find great deals on all sorts of kitchen appliances from toasters, microwaves, coffee makers, and blenders. However, you might want to wait for your kitchen appliance until Cyber Monday and shop online.

6. Video Games and Consoles: Starting the first of November, many stores started discounting gaming consoles. However, if you wait until Black Friday you will find better deals because the stores will bundle the gaming consoles with games for the same price you pay now for a console. Also, video games will be discounted 25% to 35% for the Thanksgiving weekend sale.

7. Wearable Technology: Keep your eyes open for some great deals on smartwatches, wearable technology, and fitness bands. If you are not willing to work hard over the sale weekend, then you can shop now and find some great deals on last year's models of fitness bands.
Every year I take advantage of the sales on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Furthermore, I have started shopping early to find some great gifts for the holidays. This way I can easily budget my money throughout the year and I don't spend so much for the holiday season.

Last year at 11:00 pm. my sister, daughter and two nieces loaded up in her big vehicle and went on an ALL NIGHT shopping Spree. We had our list all prepared with what stores had the BIG SALES and we made our battle plan.

Most department stores prepare for the big Day After Thanksgiving sale by setting up the sale a few days early. You can often get exactly the same savings if you shop on Wednesday before Thanksgiving and you don't have to battle nearly the same crowds.

To do comparison shopping for the holidays or any purchase you will be doing, go to http://www.black-friday.net/ and enroll to get all stores running specials sent to your email. I finish up my holiday shopping, including some birthdays, by having ideas, watching these ads and planning how to save my money I was spending anyway.

The closer to Black Friday, the more ads will appear. It shows that Walmart is having a special Pre-Black Friday sale this weekend.

By Joyce from Benson MN

Answers:

Link: Black Friday Website For Comparison Shopping

Another site to get Black Friday sales early is GottaDeal.com (11/11/2008)

By

I was checking out one of the Black Friday websites last week and found the Walmart ad for this past Saturday (11/8) that featured several doorbusters, anyway, I got a Compaq laptop for $298. Not sure of the everyday retail, but we figured it was between $500 and $600. Not bad. (11/12/2008)

By Mary