Black Friday Shopping Tips

Category Shopping
The day after Thanksgiving is a major retail shopping event, known as Black Friday. This is a guide about Black Friday shopping tips.

If you don't have to work, stay home. I am serious. While it's great the economy is improving, and we all must help, my idea of getting a jump on the holiday season is not seeing or hearing or worse yet, being involved in anyone getting hurt or worse by a throng of bargain hungry humans.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? 31

There is a website to see early ad scans of the day after Thanksgiving sales from major retailers. They add more stores each week. You can do extensive budget planning way ahead of time and plan your agenda if you go shopping than.

Source: http://bfads.net/

By twilightgift from Forks, WA

Last year at 11:00 pm. my sister, daughter and two nieces loaded up in her big vehicle and went on an ALL NIGHT shopping Spree. We had our list all prepared with what stores had the BIG SALES and we made our battle plan. We left two at Walmart for the special sale items and my niece and I stood in line at 5am to be one of the first 250 to get a $10 off cupon. By George it paid off! I got a vaccuum cleaner for $18. We got just about everything we wanted and had a blast just doing it together. Next year we'll have to rent a U-HAUL. We hope to keep this an annual thing.

By Sharon,Ky

Most department stores prepare for the big Black Friday sale by setting up the sale a few days early. You can sometimes get exactly the same savings if you shop on Wednesday before Thanksgiving and you don't have to battle nearly the same crowds.

By Fletcher

To do comparison shopping for the holidays or any purchase you will be doing, go to http://www.black-friday.net/ and enroll to get all stores running specials sent to your email. I finish up my holiday shopping, including some birthdays, by having ideas, watching these ads and planning how to save my money I was spending anyway.

The closer to Black Friday, the more ads will appear. It shows that Walmart is having a special Pre-Black Friday sale this weekend.

By Joyce from Benson MN

Answers:

Link: Black Friday Website For Comparison Shopping

Another site to get Black Friday sales early is GottaDeal.com (11/11/2008)

By

I was checking out one of the Black Friday websites last week and found the Walmart ad for this past Saturday (11/8) that featured several doorbusters, anyway, I got a Compaq laptop for $298. Not sure of the everyday retail, but we figured it was between $500 and $600. Not bad. (11/12/2008)

By Mary Moo