Maple Cranberry Corn Muffins
Cranberries were very inexpensive this year, so I bought extra and froze them. I also got free canned corn from CVS during Black Friday. I substituted pancake syrup for the maple syrup and used regular milk, as some people in my family have a nut allergy.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 3/4 cup almond or soy milk
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 can (15 oz.) corn (drained and divided; 1/2 cup pureed, 1/2 cup left as whole kernels)
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To prepare buttermilk, combine milk and vinegar set aside to curdle for at least 10 minutes.
- If you do not have oat flour, put a cup of oats in the food processor and process until the consistency of flour.
- In another bowl, combine cornmeal, oat flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Use food processor or blender to puree 1/2 cup corn until a smooth paste.
- Add corn puree, oil, and milk mixture to dry ingredients. Mix gently until combined.
- Add corn kernels, cranberries, and maple syrup and mix gently.
- Line muffin tin with muffin liners or grease well with vegetable oil. Fill each tin with 3/4 of the way full.
- Place in oven for 15-20 minutes, until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.