Cranberry Sweet Potato Muffins
These tasty muffins use fresh cranberries. They are easy to make and freeze well. This is a guide about making cranberry sweet potato muffins
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I took advantage of great holiday sales on both cranberries and sweet potatoes to make these excellent muffins. I made some substitutions, and will write the recipe both as written and my version. This is a recipe that freezes well and is so good and easy to make. My thrift store mini-chopper made chopping the cranberries so easy and fast.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Source: Taste of Home
- 1-1/2 cup all-purpose flour (1 cup whole wheat and 1/2 cup all-purpose)
- 1/2 cup sugar (1/4 cup Truvia brown sugar blend)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk ( 1/2 cup whey from yogurt making)
- 1/2 cup cold mashed sweet potatoes (without added butter or milk)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- cinnamon-sugar (did not use)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Chop cranberries.
- In a bowl, combine dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In another bowl, combine egg, milk, sweet potatoes and butter (wet ingredients.)
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients. Mix just until moistened.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Fill greased or paper-line muffin cups half full (I used silicone liners and didn't have to grease). Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar, if using.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
January 31, 20180 found this helpful
I bet they are soft and yummy. I'll try this :)