ClothingRepair

Black and White Tie Dye Ran in the Wash

I accidentally put and a black and white tie dye dress in washing machine and now the colour has run; the white is now grey. I have tried colour catcher; no good. I have just tried colour run remover and the white is now pink. I am ready to bin the dress which I'm gutted as it was only worn once. Any suggestions please?

I would dye the dress purple or navy. The white will be lighter shade than the black. You will salvage the dress for sure.

I agree that you may have a lovely dress if you dye it but then the results will depend on the type of material (may not turn out well if it is of 2 or more materials).

Be sure to look at several different types of dye as some may not be suitable for your dress material and some are just too much work. Also, many types requires boiling water and this may ruin your dress.

Usually the craft stores like Michaels will have a better selection of dyes.

I have done this also. Do you have an oxi product available to you? You can try soaking it overnight in an oxi and cold water mix. Follow their directions exactly. Dry in the sun. Dyes are so unpredictable. It has worked best for me on all cotton.

Not worked on anything with a high rayon content. Can't hurt to try.

Last suggestion is to call the dress maker and tell them how disappointed you are. Maybe they will consider replacing it. Can't hurt to ask.

Sending up positive thoughts your way!

Anonymous

Thank you .. when u say oxi what is that ?? Xx worth a try x

They are referring to OxiClean or another version of that type of cleaner. There are many different versions out there.

My bad for not being specific...this is a link to the name brand; however, I know there are generic brands. I have a couple links to to see name product and some other similar items.

www.oxiclean.com/

www.everydaycheapskate.com/.../

i might try painting with bleach the areas tht I want to be white, with a brush, or even getting creative and trying white smears or drops or even tie dyes, or like other said dye it interesting ways