Blackberry Ricotta Cake
A moist, blackberry ricotta cake that you can enjoy for a birthday cake or any occasion.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour + cooling time
Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Yield: 10-12 servings
- 1-2 cup blackberries
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 stick butter
- Melt butter in a pan.
- In a bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together ricotta cheese, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add in melted butter and mix.
- Fold in dry ingredients set aside earlier.
- Slowly fold in some blackberries.
- Line your cake pan (use nonstick spray oil if needed), add mixture and press in some blackberries. Bake at 350 F for 50 to 60 minutes depending on your oven.
- To determine cake is done make sure you poke your tester in the center of the cake and tester should be clean. Allow to cool for 20 to 25 minutes before serving.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!