Bleach Marks on White Jeans

How do I get brown bleach stains out of white jeans?

Bleach chemically removes the color or dye from fabric. Once done, there is no way to return the color except to redye the fabric. However, it is very difficult to match the old dye color so the fabric, even if dyed again, will show the bleached area as a different color.

Are you sure those are bleach marks? I have never had bleach make marks on white things. However, whatever it is, you may have good luck by wetting the stain and the surrounding area and letting the sun shine on it. Sunlight will sometimes take out stains on white items, in the same way that sunlight will fade the colour out of coloured items.

Anonymous

I have the same problem on a white dress. The bleach left a light yellow stain on it.

It wasn't to be bleach in the first place and my mother unknowingly poured in on my dress.

If those stains are rust, which I suspect they are, get some rust remover and pour it directly on the spots. If they fade,keep adding until they are gone. Rinse in cold water then wash how you normally would.
Good Luck!

Consumer Advice Clothing RepairingJuly 21, 2015
🌻
🐛
📓
😎