Bleaching a Yellow Shirt to Change the Color

So I have a yellow mustard shirt and I want to change it to a different color anything but mustard. What happens if I bleach it? I just want to change to a better color.

Bleach will lighten it. It will be a surprise shade because of it's uncertain outcome after bleaching,Good luck!

You don't state the fabric, so bleach could ruin it if it is rayon, silk, or most fibers other than cotton.

If it is cotton, you will end up with a mystery color--probably in the gray family and it will most likely NOT be even toned.

You could try to dye it a darker color, but again, it depends on the fabric.

If you wanted to get fancy, you could try bleach tie dye--with a planned uneven effect. That might look cute! I have done this with black and brown (mostly cotton shirts) and it is very retro looking.

Bleach will lighten the color but difficult to tell what it will change to.

A lot may depend on the fabric as some material will not take well to bleach and you may wind up with different splotches or uneven shades of color.

Here is a site with good instructions if you wish to try bleaching:

www.hunker.com/.../how-to-fade-clothes-with-bleach

You will get a better outcome if you dye a darker color.

Depending on the fabric, bleach could damage the shirt beyond repair. Also, youre more likely to end up with a strange color if bleaching it (if cotton). I would suggest purchasing a darker Rit Dye More color and going darker. You could always turn it into a fun tye-dye shirt as wellas the yellow would work well in a tye dye tee.

Good luck!

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceAugust 10, 2019
📓
🎂
🌻