Bleaching the Hair on Your Arms

Category Hair Tips
If you want to reduce the appearance of hair on your arm, lightening them is one solution. This is a guide about bleaching hair on arms.

I want to bleach the hair on my arms very blonde. I asked this question a while back but got no answers or advice. I'm a 35 yr. female. My head hair is med brown, my pubes are med brown. My body is not that hairy at all. My arm hairs are mixed blonde, light brown, med brown, and some gross black. I hate them!

I used Sally Hansen many times, 20 minutes 3 days in a row. My hairs are still light to med brown with a few blondes that got bleached. I have tried peroxide coated wraps on my arms for 1/2 hr. at times with very little results! I also tried recipes described online mixing peroxide with vinegar and also with ammonia. No better results. I have been using Sally Hansen for about 8 years and yes it helps, some. The hair on my arms has gotten longer, finer, and softer; w/ 1/4 results of blonde. I've seen hirsute black haired ladies with beautiful long dense blonde hairy arms. How do they do it? I've even been to the doctor on my hormone levels. All are WNLs. I've left the Sally Hansen on till it hurts; with no difference.

If I can't get any advise, I'm thinking trying salon 'high octane peroxide', or using 'head hair' bleach on my arms. I'm not worried about a little skin irritation; I just want my arm hairs to be a golden blonde color. I've shaved and waxed. It makes me look unhuman or like a 'Barbie doll'. One thing that irritates me is that people say "shaving hairs makes regrowth hairier or thicker". This is not true. Your advice or input would be very helpful.

Answers

Best Answer

I'm sorry to hear you hate any part of yourself. I (personally) think that multi-hued hair (like on a deer hide) is lovely and interesting and probably perfect for your skin colour.

Judy's article is good but doesn't address the issue of light. Although I may be wrong, lemon juice and hydrogen peroxide are much more effective in conjunction with sunlight. If it's winter where you live and you don't particularly care for tanning beds, buy a full-spectrum light bulb for your desk lamp (for example), apply the peroxide and put your arms under the lamp for half an hour. If it's summertime in your part of the world? Sit outside on a sunny day.

This article discusses several methods of bleaching arm hair:
http://www.fash  bleach-arm-hair/

Why are you wanting them blond? Because you want them blond or because you want them to be less noticeable? If its because you want them blond, I don't know of any other way. but if its is because you want it less noticeable, then you might consider electro methods that some of the doctors use. It is a mild dose of electrify that kills the hair root and the hair won't grow back.

WOW the amount of chemicals you have used on your arms, I'm really shocked you still have skin, chemicals especially chemical breeches are not good for your skin,they cause extreme dryness and can possibly burn the skin. even when you apply bleaches to the hair on your head it does not touch the scalp. youve tried many products and( no shaving does not make the hair grow in thicker) I am a licensed cosmetologist and if you bleach the hair the lighter ones will turn white and the black ones will turn light brown. You will still have multi colors. best thing is try a shower hair removal system I think they were great and you won't have arms that look like a Barbie dolls, the damage that the other chemicals have done to your arm to Twitch giving it that glossy Barbie doll plastic appearance. but before putting any more chemicals on your precious arms I would try several weeks use of a moisturizer for extremely dry skin or one with shea butter, to heal your skin, then try a shower hair removal system they are quick and easy and are not as damaging to the skin most of them can also be used on the pubic area I hope it works out for you and good luck