Blended Watermelon Recipe

Silver Post Medal for All Time! 355 Posts

Cooling Refreshing Summertime DrinkMy favorite summertime fruit is watermelon. I felt creative the other day and thought what would happen if I threw watermelon in my blender with ice?

You will say "WOW" too! Add a little lime on the side and you will feel like you are in the tropics! :)

• 1/2 watermelon
  • ice cubes, about 6
  • 1 fresh lime
  • 1 1/2 cup (optional) seltzer water or flavored seltzer water
  • (optional) your favorite liquor
Cooling Refreshing Summertime Drink

1. Cut the watermelon in half. Cover 1/2 with plastic and refrigerate.
  2. Using a 10 speed blender, put six ice cubes in the bottom.
  3. Using a large spoon, put 6 large scoops of watermelon into the blender.
  4. Cooling Refreshing Summertime Drink

5. Pulse with the ice crusher button first. You sometimes have to give it a stir with a long handled spoon. When the ice gets crushed, the watermelon starts getting pureed. Only let this puree for 30 seconds.
  6. Cooling Refreshing Summertime Drink

7. Add lime if you like. I cut my lime in 8 slices. 4 of the slices, I peel the rind off and put the lime into the drink and turn the blender on high for just seconds.
  8. If you like your drink to have a bubbly effect, you can add plain or flavored seltzer water. Just stir it in.
  9. Pour this in clear tall glasses. As a nice touch, put a split in the center of a lime and it helps it sit right on the edge of the glass. Also for looks, take a few strips of lime rind, twist them and lay them across the top of the drink. Top it off with a colorful straw.

Food and Recipes Recipes Beverages FruitAugust 17, 2016
🎃
🌻
🎂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Blended-Watermelon-Recipe.html