Blended Watermelon Recipe
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 355 Posts
July 7, 2016
My favorite summertime fruit is watermelon. I felt creative the other day and thought what would happen if I threw watermelon in my blender with ice?
You will say "WOW" too! Add a little lime on the side and you will feel like you are in the tropics! :)
- 1/2 watermelon
- ice cubes, about 6
- 1 fresh lime
- 1 1/2 cup (optional) seltzer water or flavored seltzer water
- (optional) your favorite liquor
- Cut the watermelon in half. Cover 1/2 with plastic and refrigerate.
- Using a 10 speed blender, put six ice cubes in the bottom.
- Using a large spoon, put 6 large scoops of watermelon into the blender.
- Pulse with the ice crusher button first. You sometimes have to give it a stir with a long handled spoon. When the ice gets crushed, the watermelon starts getting pureed. Only let this puree for 30 seconds.
- Add lime if you like. I cut my lime in 8 slices. 4 of the slices, I peel the rind off and put the lime into the drink and turn the blender on high for just seconds.
- If you like your drink to have a bubbly effect, you can add plain or flavored seltzer water. Just stir it in.
- Pour this in clear tall glasses. As a nice touch, put a split in the center of a lime and it helps it sit right on the edge of the glass. Also for looks, take a few strips of lime rind, twist them and lay them across the top of the drink. Top it off with a colorful straw.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.