Blind Kitten Eating Cat Litter

I saved this little black kitten and he is blind. He keeps eating the litter. We even put some of his poop in the litter bowl to see if he would notice the smell and think OK this is where I go to the bathroom and it didn't work. He is still eating it. We did change the litter to non clumping and yes he still eats it. So how do I get him to stop eating it and or what litter should we try?

By Kelsie from ID

Bless you for caring for this little guy. Sounds like he came into the world with some big challenges. It is really common for kittens to eat cat litter. Most clumping litters warn against using their litter for kittens. It's likely you kitten will outgrow the habit. I would try litter with larger pieces and inert ingredients. There are some made from paper that look like pellets. In fact you could try using shredded paper for awhile while the kitty is small. Good luck with your little guy. I had a blind dog that lived to be 17 yrs. The cats would guide him up and down the stairs, it was so cute. He had a great life.

Pets CatsOctober 8, 2014
🍀
💘

Generated 2020-01-24 14:18:38 in 928 msecs. ⛅️️