Bookshelf Makeover

If you only have a bit of paint, and don't know the color code or don't have much money, these are some pretty ways to save a little time and still have a nice item.

I inherited a big, ugly brown book case from a neighbor when she left. My kitchen is country yellow and blues, so I set about painting it. I had just enough custom yellow for the things you could see, so I thought I would share this little bit of knowledge with you.

If the item is over 6 feet tall, don't paint the top. To save paint and time, don't paint the inside of the shelves at the bottom. You can put a dresser scarf, old quilt, place mats or custom sewn fabric inserts and no one will ever peek!

I ran out of paint before I got to the two bottom rows, so I put things down there I don't use often like appliances, candles, potting soils and pots, etc. I got some cheap curtain rods but you can use PVC, dowels, or just tack up your favorite fabric. These were a shower curtain, and I cut them off and made hangers like cafe curtains.

I think the effect is nice, and no one but my TF friends know my secrets! N-JOY

By Sandi from Salem, OR

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Crafts Home DecorJune 5, 2014
🎄
😷
🍂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Bookshelf-Makeover.html