Bottom Round Roast with Onion Gravy
The addition of vinegar would have ordinarily turned me off, but this recipe had many rave reviews that I printed it out a few months ago. The meat and the onions were on sale, so I made it tonight. It was a big hit and I will be making it again. It was easy and cooked itself while I did work around the house.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 4 hours, 10 minutes
- 6 onions
- 1 (4 lb) bottom round roast
- salt and pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- Slice the onions.
- Place the sliced onions in the bottom of a Dutch oven or heavy pot.
- Season the roast with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Put the roast on top of the onions in the pan.
- Add the vinegar and the bay leaf. Heat to simmering.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and simmer 4 hours, or until done. Try not to remove the lid.
- When the roast is done, remove it.
- Mix the flour and the water.
- Pour into the drippings in the pot. Simmer over medium heat, stirring often, until the sauce is thickened.
- Slice the meat, and serve with the sauce.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.