Bread Closures for Marking Crochet Needle Size

I had heard of using the tags/closures for bread packages to mark your projects while knitting or crocheting, but came upon another use for the little white tags while crocheting. I just started working on projects for Project Linus and usually have several projects going at the same time. I was using different size crochet needles and was switching back and forth on projects. I would forget what size needle I was using (I sometimes don't use what the pattern calls for because of the gauge). I decided to use the tags to mark the needle letter/number on them and attach to the project I am working on. That way I can start other projects using the same needle, but now I don't have to wonder was I using J or K, etc. It saves so much time instead of trying to figure out what needle you used.

Brilliant! Thank you for sharing. Much time will be saved.

I wish I had thought of this or seen this sooner. I also have a hard time remembering what hook to use, especially when I have to change hook to get the correct gauge. I'm making baby blankets, hats and sweaters for my new 2nd gr. grandbaby and am working on several things at the same time, this is so helpful. Now I just have to locate some of those bag tags. Thanks for the idea!!

Great idea

Crafts CrochetSeptember 8, 2013
🍂
🎄