Crafts For KidsCrafts

Butterfly Spoons

Vote for this contest contender!

I was inspired by a book that is often read to the kids, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, to make these cute butterfly spoons.

This is a fun and easy project to make. You will trace your hands to resemble the wings of the butterfly and a spoon as the body. Add a touch of paint for the faces and cut scrap paper for the antenna.

These are easy to grip for the kids to play with or use them for telling stories.

Total Time: 30 minutes

1. I like to double side my tape and secure spoon down to the work space to more easily paint with your choice of color. I used the color sour apple as the body of the butterfly.
  2. Allow the spoons to dry and trace hands on scrapbook paper of your choice for the wings. Then cut out.
  3. Using any scrapbook paper you have on hand, freehand and cut out the antennae for the butterfly.
  4. Once spoon is dried, you can go over with paint for the eyes and mouth. Or, you can use wiggle eyes if you have that.
  5. Use tape to secure antennae.
  6. *Depending on the hands, you may have to cut some excess paper off. Put hands together with spoon in the center and see what may need to be cut off. Then glue the hands together.
  7. Hot glue back of the spoon to the butterfly.
  8. They are ready.

Love this! I shared it on FB with some mommies of little ones. If you want to save time and money, use dollar tree spoons in 5 different colors!!