Button and Seed Bead Earrings or Pendant
This is a tiny delicate piece of jewellery that looks very pretty either as earrings or on a fine chain as a necklace. Make a full set for a gift for an older child. In fact it really is so simple to make that a child of maybe 10 or 11 years old who loves crafty stuff would be able to make a set.
The tiny buttons sometimes used on shirt collars are ideal for this.
Use a piece of felt as your work surface to keep the little beads from rolling around everywhere.
Total Time: 15 minutes to half an hour
Yield: 1 pendant
- 1 tiny button with four holes
- 4 jump rings
- a selection of seed beads
- optional pliers
- earring wire or fine chain
- Twist open one of the jump rings. You should be able to do this with your fingers, but use a pair of pliers if you prefer.
- Thread two to four beads onto the jump ring.
- Attach the jump ring to one of the button's holes and twist it together again.
- Repeat this twice more.
- Attach a fourth jump ring with no beads.
- Use this fourth ring to attach your pendant to an earring wire or thread it onto a chain to wear around your neck.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!