Buy Now Pay Later at Fingerhut.com

Fingerhut.com allows visitors to buy now and pay later. They offer great credit options, and say yes when many other credit providers say no. They have great products too from TVs to clothes to furniture.

By RyanW

Link: http://www.fingerhut.com

Top Comment

The base price of their products are higher than the norm and they charge a high interest rate. If you are truly thrifty, save the amount that they say you need to pay each month and you can buy the same item much sooner for fewer "payments" without adding to debt.

Good post speakeasy! Fingerhut is a total rip off!! My mom used them back in the 80's as did my mother in law and boy they are still wishing that they hadn't! They are just like other pay later stores, (i.e. rent a center, and Aarons, or any of those types), they charge you about 25% -50% more then what the item is actually worth.

They don't report to your credit which is why they can say yes. I understand that its not always possible to be able to pay up front for things, I have had to use Aarons before, but I will never do it again now that I really know how they do business.

I obtained some knowledge from Dave Ramsey, he said something like, if you can't pay cash for it (or don't have the money available in your checking account) then you really don't need it until you do.

Several years ago I used Fingerhut, always made my payments on time, until one payment got lost in the mail. A customer service rep (that could barely speak English) contacted me, was extremely rude, demanded the payment "now". She didn't get it "now". What they got was a final payment/cancel my account because of crummy customer service.

Would not recommend Fingerhut to anyone. And yes, the interest rate is extremely high. Best advice, go to K-Mart or some other store that offers lay-a-way.

If you don't have the money now, why would you think you would have it later? The best way to get things is to save up for them. If you simply can't wait, then you should be able to get a loan for this item from a traditional source such as your bank. If you don't quality for credit from such a source, then you don't have the income to buy whatever it is. Buy now, Pay later is never a good idea.

Truly an awful store. Beware! Stay away!

I like Fingehut's credit plan. Yes, some of there products are a little higher, but I have never had anything to return. Their products are of great standard. i have a set amount I have deducted from my account each month. This way my Credit line increases quickly and I'm never late. I always pay more than the minimum. It helps when I have months I need to buy extra gifts or weddings and don't have the extra cash. I love Fingerhut!

I used Fingerhut and paid all my bills on time. I had my account at a zero balance and then get a phone call saying I owe them $9.20 because I supposedly had a returned check. The first story they gave me is it was because I had their safeline insurance and they charged me for it and the interest on it. Then I read their website saying if you have the safeline insurance and a zero balance they don't charge you for it. That is when I called them wanting my money back and they claimed it was because I had a returned check that I didn't. It is bad enough that they charge way above retail and then add interest to it, when you pay on time and do good by them they still try to find a way to screw you.

I wouldn't recommend any "buy now, pay later" sites. You will always end up paying more than retail, and I can almost always find what I'm looking for LESS than retail anyway.
The best way to get something you need right now is to locate someone who is moving and can't take their appliances and furniture with them.
Ways to find people who are moving: Social groups such as Church, friends or word of mouth, Facebook and other social media sites, and sales ads in your local paper.
People who are moving will sell things at a low price because it just has to be gone, and they'd rather get something than nothing.
After you get your stopgap product, you can start saving money to get what you really want. Then wait until that item goes on sale to get the best price.

If more than one person posts a negative feedback on Fingerhut, then buyer beware because it is all true! I too decided to use Fingerhut for an item and ended up paying more than double of what I could have purchased it for if I had just saved my money and paid cash! Fingerhut is a horrible company who makes mistakes posting payments or somehow claims a payment was "lost" and never received, even if it is a debit purchase you can prove you made, they will dispute it. I will never shop at Fingerhut again!

They are in business for those that don't have all of the money at the time to purchase something....Just as you were at the time I'm sure. If you don't like the price....Then don't buy it. Sounds like buyers remorse to me. They have to make a profit just like any other company. They don't charge interest, so they have to mark up the profit.

Fingerhut sells damaged items! They have very poor customer service, and they dont give proper credit when you return an item! My order was short a few items, and i never received them, but was charged for them. worse online shopping ever!!!!

Yes, Fingerhut actually has a one star rating at Consumer Affairs dot com.

Anonymous

yes it's a good website, but they do charge a little bit more on an item then you would at a store. The only time you should buy from fingerhut when they have promotions. some stores do have layaway without the extra charge fingerhut does. Layaway is good if you don't mind waiting until you pay off for the goods.

The reason Fingerhut says yes is because they charge you almost double for whatever you buy. If you have to buy from Fingerhut your credit sucks because your were and are a loser.

I love it Fingerhut two years ago, I brought a chaise and it is great from Ashley and my guest can sleep on it so comfortable to use and it looks great a brown leather Finger hut tries to match some of other stores prices by a few dollars so it meets my need