Product FinderConsumer Advice

Buying Isopropyl Alcohol in Australia

Where can I buy isopropyl alcohol in Australia?

It may go by the name rubbing alcohol

You should be able to get it, here is a link for Bunnings:

www.bunnings.com.au/diggers-125ml-isopropyl-cleaning...

I also saw people recommend looking in beauty supply shops, in the nail section. Many people say it is very expensive there and recommend using methylated spirits instead. I'm not 100% sure what the difference is but that might work if you are using it for cleaning or stain removal.

Good luck!

Something to add, if I may, I sell on eBay and people from various countries have asked if I will ship products like this overseas from the US...it sounds like these products are either hard to find or expensive in other countries or maybe they are different strengths, recipes that are more desirable than what is in their home country. Not sure what.

The answer (for me) is always NO. The USPS won't let me (now I am not a business that iss't the reason...it is the law:

www.usps.com/.../shipping-restrictions.htm

What I was told is that any liquids--especially if it contains alcohol) can only be shipped via ground transportation through the United States Postal Services (and how it has to be wrapped is more complicated than getting into Fort Knox) and international is totally forbidden...now my post master said companies who use private planes to ship their things may not have as strict a rule...so maybe you can find a seller in the US (or another country) who uses some shipping service that doesn't care and will send it or if your city in AU doesn't carry it, perhaps a vendor in another place can ship it to you via your country's ground shipping.

I hope you can find what you need. Blessings!