Buying Strawberry Baskets in Bulk

If you need the plastic basket containers to market your bountiful strawberry crop, you want to find where to buy them wholesale. This is a guide about buying strawberry baskets in bulk.

I have been trying to find those strawberry baskets to buy in bulk. I have a huge strawberry garden and would like to start selling them next year. I need the baskets to sell them in. Anyone know where I can buy them?

Kehoespub

Answers

I would go down to your local nursery and ask them. Or, go to your local farmer's market and ask one of the vendors who has them. If you have a farm supply store you could check there.

Find the baskets that have a snap down lid. My mom and sister have a stand at the local farmer's market and were able to buy some from the grocery wholesalers (a box of 500 for $100 Canadian)(20 cents each.) Well worth the cost. Ask the local grocery store where they buy theirs and see if they will allow you to buy a box from them if you cannot get some from the wholesalers.

Other containers that do not have a lid and are therefore open at the top can easily spill their contents if you are not careful. These clear containers with a lid look much more professional than the little green open baskets that some of the farmer's stands have. Plus the open baskets need to be put somehow into a plastic bag as you sell them so the berries won't spill for your customer, which is a pain and also time consuming when you are at the market. I have helped my mom and sister at their stand for years when we used the little green baskets and now with the clear lidded ones. Good luck.

I also have a large strawberry patch and will be selling berries next year. But, I will be picking the berries into 4 cup plastic containers and when I deliver the berries I will "dump" the berries into my customer's containers so that I can keep my containers and use them again. This is what I do when I sell my raspberries in the summer. My customers know that this is what I do, but I sell privately not at a farmer's market. Where you will be selling the berries will determine what kind of container you should or could use. Have fun next year. Fresh strawberries are wonderful!

Yes, Molding Corporation of America makes the green strawberry baskets. You can buy them by the case. Number is 818-890-7877

http://www.soco  rryPackaging.htm very good place to get the baskets also.