Buying Towels for Crafts

Serious crafters who either make a lot of gifts or sell their crafts may find themselves searching for certain supplies in specific colors and quantities not easily found year round. This is a guide about buying towels for crafts.

I would like to purchase finger towels in red and hunter green without any design but of good quality to use as a Christmas craft project. Would anyone be able to recommend a store or internet site where I would be able purchase at least a dozen of each color? Thanks ahead of time.

Joan from MD

Answers

I just found this website the other day and you might find what you're looking for.

http://www.thetowelplace.com

There are embroidery sites where you can purchase tea/ hand/bath towels. A couple of them are www.embroiderythis.com and www.embroiderydesigns.com You might even do a search for machine embroidery sites and find more.

If you have dollar trees' in your area, that is where I would look. You can order on line, too, and yes, you can buy in bulk. However, I don't know what the minimum is. If you make something pretty, share?

Thanks to all for the information. I have ordered the towels from www.embroiderthis.com and should receive them next week. I will post a copy of the craft I am making these as soon as I complete. It is a yo yo Christmas tree. I did check the dollar stores but they only had towels with designs already on them.

Joan