Silver Post Medal for All Time! 361 Posts
February 8, 2008
When in a farther southern state I had this dish in a restaurant and enjoyed it so much that I literally begged for the recipe. The chef was kind enough to tell me the ingredients and approximately how much of each. I had to test the amounts before I came up with a dish that tasted almost as good as the chef's.
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 small green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tsp. olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups canned Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp. Cajun seasoning (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. hot pepper sauce (or to taste)
- 1 lb. uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 Tbsp. shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the green pepper, onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, Cajun seasoning and pepper sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add the shrimp; cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until the shrimp turns pink. Drain the linguine, toss with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with the Mozzarella cheese.
By Connie from Cotter, AR