Calves' Liver

Even some people who don't like liver, like it made this way. Calves liver is not as strong as beef liver and is more tender. This is the way my mother, Vicy, made it. It makes wonderful gravy too.

• 1 pkg. calves liver (enough for the servings you need)
  • flour for breading
  • bouillon (I like "Better Than Bouillon" best)
  • water

Remove any membranes from the liver. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then dredge in flour. Brown it quickly on both sides in a small amount of hot fat. Reduce heat. Add 1 cup of water flavored with bouillon. Cover and cook until tender, about 20 minutes. If the flour on the liver hasn't thickened the gravy enough, stirring in a little more will do the trick. Serve with a side of fried onions and mashed potatoes.

By Free2B from North Royalton, OH

I followed your recipe and I have to say it's the best way to fix calves' liver. I definitely will do that again. Delicious and tender!

Thanks for the recipe.