Can I Connect a Microwave to a Surge Protector?

Does connecting a microwave to a surge protector damage it in any way?

By Hugo A.

No, a microwave on a surge protector is completely safe. All electrical devices are safe on a surge protector. The only time there is a danger is if you are daisy chaining surge protectors and plugging in lots of devices. Use extension cords for distance and don't put a surge protector on the end of an extension cord unless it is a heavy duty construction type extension cord.

Anonymous

You better do your research properly if the surge protector is not rated for the amperage of the microwave oven you will have a fire this is also true for space heaters connected to a surge protector

You better do your research properly if the surge protector is not rated for the amperage of the microwave oven you will have fire. This is also true for space heaters connected to a surge protector.

Anonymous

So my surge Protector will be safe for microwave that will be the only electrical item on it.. An dont need a extension cord!

GE recommends no surge protector for a refrigerator because they have an auto-shutdown feature that protects it from surges already, and a surge protector can disable the built-in restart feature after a surge.

I wouldn't.

Several years ago we had a terrible ice storm and the electrical boxes on the poles were exploding. Suddenly, there was this huge ball of blue light behind my microwave. My husband had the microwave plugged into a surge protector and that was plugged into the outlet.

Well, the surge protector was burnt complete up just a charred mass remained. The wall was black but the wiring was not hurt. The microwave wasn't even affected. Boy am I glad we had that surge protector for the microwave. Good luck and God Bless.

I learned to plug in heavy output electronics such as refrigerators, space heaters, microwaves directly into the outlet. The article below may provide greater insight.

'What to never plug into a power strip'. (Link below)

www.wfmz.com/.../article_846e34c2-afcd-540a-9711-47da729f901d...

Consumer Advice General AdviceJune 2, 2011
🐛
🌻
🐰
👒
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Can-I-Connect-a-Microwave-to-a-Surge-Protector.html