Candy Making Tips and Tricks

Category Candy
Being aware of a few things helps when making confections. This page is contains candy making tips and tricks.

This Christmas, as I was dipping truffles in melted chocolate to coat, I wished I had a candy-dipping fork. Instead of purchasing one, I took a plastic fork with four tines, broke off the middle two tines at the base...and wal-la! the two outside tines made a great candy dipping fork for almost nothing. It worked great!

By Melinda from Adrian, MO

Here's a couple of tips for making hard candy using flavoring oil from the "experience is the best teacher" file.

Don't use plastic measuring spoons. It eats away at the plastic and the plastic will forever smell like whatever the flavoring oil was. (I ruined one of my favorite plastic measuring spoons this way.)

When you add the flavoring oil to the candy, make sure you're not standing directly over the pan. The steam from the oil will make your eyes water for hours to come.

By Camilla

Feel free to post your hard candy tips.

When the holidays get closer many people like to make candy. One tip that is very important, and depends much of the time on the climate where you live, is to not make candy if it's raining outside. Extra moisture in the air will not let it set up or harden the way it is supposed to.

By Robin from Washington, IA

When making candy to be poured into a baking dish, I find if you use butter or a buttery tasting margarine the bottom of the candy tastes better than if you'd used a non-stick cooking spray.

Food and Recipes Food Tips CandyDecember 17, 2012
🐛
😷
😎
📓
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Candy-Making-Tips-and-Tricks.html