Candy Making Tips and Tricks

This Christmas, as I was dipping truffles in melted chocolate to coat, I wished I had a candy-dipping fork. Instead of purchasing one, I took a plastic fork with four tines, broke off the middle two tines at the base...and wal-la! the two outside tines made a great candy dipping fork for almost nothing. It worked great!

By Melinda from Adrian, MO

3 More Solutions

Here's a couple of tips for making hard candy using flavoring oil from the "experience is the best teacher" file.

When the holidays get closer many people like to make candy. One tip that is very important, and depends much of the time on the climate where you live, is to not make candy if it's raining outside.

When making candy to be poured into a baking dish, I find if you use butter or a buttery tasting margarine the bottom of the candy tastes better than if you'd used a non-stick cooking spray.

Food and Recipes Food Tips CandyDecember 17, 2012
🎄
🎉
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Candy-Making-Tips-and-Tricks.html