Canning Beef?

I am looking for a way to can beef. It doesn't seem to be available in the retail stores here in Nebraska.

By Elaine

Go to SimplyCanning.com. This is a great site for canning beef and other meats. Good Luck. Mary

If you are using the hot water bath, you need to boil the water for 3 hours.

You will need a Pressure canner. I cut my beef in chunks, pack it tightly into a sterile jar raw. Work it in to take out the air bubbles. I add 1/2 teaspoon of canning salt per pint. Wipe rims with a paper towel dipped in vinegar, add lids, apply rings.

The time/pressure depends upon where you live. Where I live I pressure it at 10 pounds of pressure for 75 minutes for pints, 90 minutes for quarts. I would NEVER can meats by BWB method. It is way too dangerous. Yes, I know some have done it, but my family is too precious to me to attempt it.

I've never had canned meat. How does it taste & what do you use it for? Would it be sort of like stew meat?

Food and Recipes CanningOctober 31, 2011
🐰
🌻
🐛
👒
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Canning-Beef-1.html