Can't Remove Morphy Richards Bread Maker Pan

I have a Morphy Richards bread maker #48319. It was working fine until one day where I suddenly was unable to place the pan in the machine and turn it to lock it. I cannot see what it is that is preventing me from getting it to snap correctly into place and lock.

Update: I managed to get the pan to lock in place, but now I cannot get it out again. I can twist it to unlock it though.

Best Answer

This machine has a lot of consumer complaints just like yours. It seems the material used in the pan can't withstand the heat and it will warp. I'm not going to say this is 100% true or not, but this is what people are saying happens. I don't think you'll be able to remove this pan and use the machine again. It is unfortunate that this has happened. You can try to call the company and see if they have a recall on this model. If so, I'd file a recall claim and try and get a new machine. Otherwise, you'll need to buy a new one to use.

You need to twist the pan counterclockwise to get it out.

I know, but thank you for taking the time to give it a try.

The problem is that it is stuck even when unlocked. I comes loose when unlocked but can only be lifted a few cm from the base before getting "caught" somehow.

It was also very hard to put in so I am suspecting that either the pan or base is warped (how this happened I have no clue).

There seems to be quite a few complaints (various reasons) about this model machine but you may be able to call their help line for more information about your problem.

It is possible your pan is warped but it may be less expensive to buy a newer machine than replacing the pan (and - if that is the problem - it may happen again in the future).