Card and Lace Bookmark
A handmade bookmark will always add a personal touch to the gift of a book and need not be difficult to make. This one is super easy and you can use an old greetings card as a base.
- pretty patterned card or an old greetings card
- enough narrow lace the fit around the bookmark
- PVA glue
- ribbon or fancy cord
- Cut a rectangle out of the card. If you are using an old greetings card, make sure there is no writing on the back
- Apply glue to one of the long edges of the card.
- Stick one edge of the lace to the glue and trim with scissors.
- Do the same to the other long edge and then both of the short edges.
- Apply glue to any cut ends to prevent fraying.
- Tie the cord in a bow and trim the ends.
- Apply a dot of glue to the card and stick the bow in place. Be sure that the glue is completely dry before using the bookmark so that you don't stick the book pages together by accident!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!