Caring for a Dog With Parvo

I just came home from the vet with my dog. She has pravo. She is breathing really slow and I have been giving her Pedialite in a syringe. When will she get better?

By Keta

Best Answer

From what I have learned from experience depends on how bad your dog has Parvo. It can be 2-6 months to get over it.
Please don't give up or frustrated with your dog as they go through this. It is very hard on them. Plus they can die from Parvo without steady care.

Hi, my dog Oso is back home from parvo after 10 days in the vet. This is his second week home and he is still having major regurgitation issues. He has been home for 2 weeks and somedays are better than others. He got parvo at six months after being fully vacinated.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated

I also have the same problem he's still having some regurgitation issues

So it means having our puppy full vaccines is not a guarantee that our puppy is protected from parvovirus,so whats the use of getting all the complete shots?its just a waste of money.

Omg it take that long to get over it

I have a French bulldog who is now 20 weeks old he had is 2nd set of jabs a little over 2 weeks ago. My sisters dog is only 7 weeks old and got diagnosed with parvo. She was not immunised yet. We let them play together before knowing that her dog had parvo. I noticed the day before yesterday that my Frenchies poo started to become very soft and there was no shape to it. I took him to the vet today just to be sure and the parvo test came back positive! I am utterly devistated. On another not he is very playful, there is no fever present. His poos (alothough still soft) now have shape to them, he is eating well and drinking lots going for wees and poos often.

The vet gave him an antibiotic injection and a vitamin injection to boost his immune system. I'm very worried as I know this disease is a killer. How long do you think the recover time will be for my baby? And do you think he will get better? I need some advice as I'm very worried. I have been told to go back to the vet in 10 days for another test and set of injections. I know parvo is a bugger to get rid of and I have bleached by entire house, thrown all unwashabke toys away washed washable toys with a bleach solution and then through the washing machine normally. All bedding have been washed and I even spritzed the sofa with detol to be sure.

To add to this, his poop is not diareah and there is no blood in it, he all have never vomited

My dog has recovered from parvo, but still he is very week and sometimes vomet

Did your doggy. Recover ?

Your wrong it took my dog about 8 days from start to finish now he acts like nothing ever happened you do need to keep an eye on the other puppies in the house hold

My big dog has parvo and we took it to the vet and he was tested positive for parvo and we are trying to get rid of it becouse I don't want my dog to die to get treatments from the vet for my dog was about $500,but they lowered the price down to $200

Anonymous

Our grandsons 9-month Doberman and Rottweiler mix puppy caught parvo we did take her to the vet on the third day when she was passing blood that's when we found out she had parvo she was in the hospital for 5 days and $4,000 later she pulled through she is been home for a week now and she is made a full recovery never give up it is reversible they do get better with the right treatment

Anonymous

My dog came out the vet 1month ago and is still vomiting but is eating good but not drinking good what can i do

Is she okay now?

Anonymous

How long it takes for them to eat

My dog is about 7-8 month old pitbull / boxer and has parvo now and it's his 4th day and we've been feeding him Pedialyte,Vanilla Ensure and please just give him or her a little maybe syringe full of cold or a small bowl of ice and it's slow on his stomach but feed the dog every 30-45 mins to see if they throw up and repeat over and over don't give up and go to vet first to give some medicine and we also started giving him B-12 vitamins so i think he looks a little better ,walking around ,wagging tail and look some information if you have to on the internet but remedy should work , constantly doing it.

I just took my 4 month old puppy to the vet yesterday and he had parvo, after a week of being super sick and not himself. We didnt know what to do but the vet said bringing him in now is better than bringing him in when he only had minutes to live.

Im so heart broken, and he just got his final shot of parvo. I hope he pulls through, i miss my mister