Caring for an Eye Injury

Category Home Remedies
It is important to consult your health care provider when you have a physical concern. This page is about caring for an eye injury.

I sustained a serious puncture wound to my right eye and needed to rest the eye while it heals. I went to WalMart and bought the inexpensive "goes over" type sunglasses that I can wear over my regular glasses. I popped the left lens out, leaving the right lens in place.

Next, I went into the automotive department and bought a roll of the static cling automobile window shade material, and cut out a piece to fit over the right lens of my new sunglasses... this gives me double-darkened lens on the right and no darkening on the left, so I can see reasonably well from my left eye indoors, and rest the right eye. I also cut a second piece of the cling stuff to put over the right lens of my regular sunglasses for when I am outdoors, to further protect my right eye.

My eye doctor was impressed with the improvisation - it's certainly more comfortable than the hard plastic flat deals they have in the office!

If you have to use eye drops, lay down on the bed and lay the drop bottle on the bridge of your nose, turn your head sideways a little and the drop will fall into your open eye, without the chance of you touching your eye with the bottle tip.

By Great Granny Vi

I was poked in the eye by a thorn on a queen palm tree. I have the seen doctor at urgent care and he prescribed drops to keep the infection down. I'm already blind in my eye that is injured and have glaucoma in both eyes. I'm unable to sleep when I close my eyes it is too painful and very uncomfortable. I eye is losing liquid at steady pace and getting gooey and sticking closed. Should I go to emergency now?

Answers

Yes. I would go if I were you. You may have an infection.

Oh my...I hope you have already gone to an emergency room or to your doctor. How scary. Post back what they say. Prayers for healing.

Thanks for your concern.doctor told me about how fast the eye will heal.im continuing with the drops and am healing fast.im very lucky that it wasn't my good eye.am now looking for saftey working goggles to protect what I do have left.i am thankful

Thanks for posting back! Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, and sometimes even Dollar General have inexpensive eye googles.

Healing wishes and prayers will continue!!

Health & Beauty Home RemediesApril 24, 2013
🐛
😎
😷
📓
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Caring-for-an-Eye-Injury-1.html