Caring for an Injured Grasshopper?

I found a grasshopper in the middle of the path. I discovered it was a bit black and burnt underneath and looks a bit swollen. I've put it in a net butterfly house. It's not really hopping and is a bit wobbly, but is wandering around.

Is there anything else I can do to help the poor fella, or would it be really suffering and be kinder to euthanize?hopper inside butterfly house

By Jess

hopper on yellow lid

First of all, that's a katydid. Second, they don't live that long anyway. I'd let this full grown female go on the off chance she's pregnant.

Let her go in a safe place where she can lay her eggs. As long as she can walk, she'll be fine.

Pets InsectsSeptember 19, 2014
🎃
🍂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Caring-for-an-Injured-Grasshopper.html