These subtly sweet cupcakes pair nicely with the pineapple cream cheese frosting that I made recently.
Source: Based on a Wilton recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 cups (1 lb) carrots, freshly grated
- 2/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In large bowl, beat eggs with electric mixer until foamy.
- Add oil in a thin stream and beat well.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, and baking soda, mix well. Add flour mixture to egg mixture, mix well.
- Wash, peel, and grate carrots.
- Fold in carrots and nuts. Spoon into baking cups.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in pan or on cooling rack for 5-8 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan, allowing to cool completely.
Click here for the Pineapple Cream Cheese Frosting recipe that I used.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!