Carrot Cupcake Recipes
A more nutritious and delicious cake can be made with carrots. This page contains carrot cupcake recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These subtly sweet cupcakes pair nicely with the pineapple cream cheese frosting that I made recently.
Source: Based on a Wilton recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 cups (1 lb) carrots, freshly grated
- 2/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In large bowl, beat eggs with electric mixer until foamy.
- Add oil in a thin stream and beat well.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, and baking soda, mix well. Add flour mixture to egg mixture, mix well.
- Wash, peel, and grate carrots.
- Fold in carrots and nuts. Spoon into baking cups.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in pan or on cooling rack for 5-8 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan, allowing to cool completely.
Click here for the Pineapple Cream Cheese Frosting recipe that I used.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. allspice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 cups shredded carrots
In a mixing bowl beat eggs, sugar and oil. Gradually add dry ingredients, then add carrots last. Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake at 325 degrees F for 25-30 minutes. Cool.
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
Beat cream cheese and butter. Add powdered sugar. Stir in coconut, pecans and raisins. frost the cupcakes. Yield: 24 cupcakes. Delicious!
By Robin from Washington, IA