Making a Carrot Cake Recipe With Canned Carrots

Category Carrot Cake
Piece of carrot cake against a white background
Even if you don't have fresh carrots you can still make a delicious carrot cake. This is a guide about making a carrot cake recipe with canned carrots.

I am looking for a carrot cake recipe that uses canned pureed carrots. I saw one but I lost it. I want to make it for someone that doesn't like carrot shreds in the cake. Please let me know if someone has the recipe! Many thanks!

Mary from Paris, OH

Best Answer

Everytime I make a carrot cake I use a box mix, and I add a small can of carrots. I mash them and add to cake mix. I also add the juice from a can of crushed pineapple instead of water, if its short I make it up with water. I put some of the pineapple in the cake mix also. I use the rest in the icing. My mom taught me this, she has done it since I can rememeber.

I would like a carrot cake recipe that uses canned carrots vs. fresh. It seems as though that would work alright but I know no one who has had success in doing so.

melody_yesterday from Sedalia, Missouri

Answers:

Carrot Cake Recipe With Canned Carrots

Mine turned out very disappointing! It is worth it to me to peel and cook the carrots.
Woofey (10/30/2007)

By

Carrot Cake Recipe With Canned Carrots

I have a wonderful bundt cake recipe that uses baby food apricots so I'll just bet the baby food carrots would work out fine. (10/30/2007)

By Deb Brod

Carrot Cake Recipe With Canned Carrots

When I think of the difference between canned peas vs. frozen peas vs. fresh peas I can't really quite picture using canned carrots. I too have heard of using baby food carrots instead. That seems a better option in my mind. Or perhaps you could cook some carrots yourself and mash/puree them...even starting from frozen if you just are not wanting to take the time to grate the carrots or do you just have some canned carrots you are trying to use up??

Anywho...here are some recipes I found on google:

with baby food:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Carrot-Cake-VII/Detail.aspx

with canned carrots...doesn't look like it faired well in the reviews:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Carrot-Cake-XII/Detail.aspx

another with canned carrots:
http://www.kitchenlink.com/mf/0/48703

(10/30/2007)

By K

Carrot Cake Recipe With Canned Carrots

Melody, here is the link for a carrot cake made with baby food carrots:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Fourteen-K-Carrot-Cake/Detail.aspx

I haven't tried it but it got great reviews.
I have been looking for a carrot cake made with baby food and will try this one myself. (10/30/2007)

By hugmehugs

Carrot Cake Recipe With Canned Carrots

gee wow - no. I just wanted a handy kitchen cheat so I knew you all to be the worlds foremost experts so decided to ask :)

T H A N K S !

(10/31/2007)

By melody_yesterday

Carrot Cake Recipe With Canned Carrots

These all sound so interesting - I have a mix in the cupboard & think it should get used one way or the other -- it wasn't free.
So I am still "trying to think" & taking in all this great input! I'm impressed!
(another big T H A N K S !) (10/31/2007)

By melody_yesterday

Carrot Cake Recipe With Canned Carrots

Hi, I have used fresh grated carrots--which takes forever. Also pulled the carrots right from the garden, scrubbed them up. Cooked them slowly with little moisture. When done, use a potato masher to get proper texture--as if you used raw. I have also used baby food carrots. So you should be able to use cooked/canned carrots the same way. I use a bit more cinnamon, as I love it in my quick breads! The more moist my cooked carrot mixture is, the less oil I use. I also use whole wheat flour as well. Go to www.allrecipes.com and enter what you are looking for OR I just got this email--fantastic selections.
http://www.northpole.com:80/Kitchen/Cookbook/ (10/31/2007)

By T&T Grandma