Cat Friendly Furniture Ideas

Our feline friends can be hard on the furniture but there are ways to accommodate their scratching needs. This is a guide about cat friendly furniture ideas.

I am going to buy some new furniture. What would you recommend if you have 2 cats?

By Cathy

Answers

Are you concerned with cat hair on the furniture or your cats scratching the furniture?
If it's cat hair, you can always get furniture approximately the same color as the cats. The only problem is that if you don't see the cat hair, you won't clean it and someone will come over, sit down and be covered with hair! I know - I've done that!
If it's the scratching you're concered about, I have had a little luck putting clear packing tape on the corners and edges that they like to scratch. They don't like the tape.

All I can say is do not get microfiber! it is difficult to find cleaners for it, and after you clean it, the fabric is not as soft anymore.

Wooden benches and chairs! Use throw pillows and seat pads or throw an afghan over the back.

I have 4 cats and am happy with my pale blond wood furniture. It kind of gives a cabin ambiance, and everything is easily washable!

I asked this question a year and half ago! I went with quality micro-fiber. I think the cheaper fabrics are probably the problem ones. I got mine from La-Z Boy and the hair just comes right off. I have four cats and one is a Maine Coon, so you know I have lots of fur!