Cat Hungry All the Time After Having Kittens

My Queen had 5 kitties on March 20th 2019 and she acts like she is starving all the time. We feed her both wet and dry foods, but she wants something else if you give her just her dry food. She gets in the garbage, jumps up on the counter, the stove, and she even jumped up on the dresser the other day and got the fish out the bowl. Is this because she has worms or is it a more serious disease and now to top it off she is in heat.

Nursing mothers, human or animal, need more food. Feed her more

She's been through a lot, she probably does actually need the sustenance. Up her food for a little bit and I'm sure it will taper off.

Your cat needs extra nutrition now. She needs extra protein and extra calories. You can feed her kitten food which has extra calories and extra protein. I would make sure she has all she wants to eat. She needs the extra rations until the kittens are completely weaned. Should she get pregnant again she needs that extra nutrition while she is pregnant and again until the kittens are completely weaned.

I always feed a little cooked chicken to my cats because many cat foods are a little short on protein. You will need to get her to the Vet very soon if you dont want another batch of kittens. Your Vet can worm her while she is in for her spay. If you need help with the cost of a spay call your local humane society.

Pets CatsMay 18, 2019
🐛
📓
🌻
😎