Cat Keeps Bringing Me Her Kitten

A cat I feed outside had a kitten around 2 weeks ago. She normally hides it, but lately she's been bringing it to me and instead of paying attention to the kitten she pays attention to me. I end up picking up the kitten and putting it back in the nest and the mom follows. Is she telling me she's going to leave the kitten soon?

No, she is telling you she loves you and is proving it by sharing the kitten with you.

She is showing her trust in you. You can take advantage of the situation by spending a little time working with the kitten so it gets properly socialized and will be a friendly loving pet for a new loving home. Dont forget a trip to the Vet for shots and worming.

I believe she is telling you something might be wrong with the kitten. Is it the runt? Sickly? She may not want it around the other kittens, is she feeding it. I would have a vet check the kitten out.

Yes she had only one. I think maybe she had more but they were still born.

I will take it in to see if it's ok. Shes feeding it he's a lil chubby already lol

Did she have just one or is she just bringing you one? Either way, I would take the baby in if you can or find a cat rescue group that can help and get it on the right track (fed and socialized and hopefully homed). If there are more, I would try to get them also. This will help break the cycle of feral cats in your area and hopefully send these babies to good and loving homes where they be loved.

Mom's (human and fur) seem to know when they need help and she clearly thinks she needs help with this one...either because it is sick, she is sick (the mom) or if she is healthy, she just can't take care of it on her own or she feels it is threatened by predators.

Kittens this tiny need just about round the watch and regular feedings (every hour or two). They must be fed with special mothers milk that vets and some tractor supply type places sell, in order to have the best chance or survival.

I know in the olden days humans would feed cats things like cow or goat's milk and I am sure for some it worked, others it killed...so since we have the know how and the access to the right stuff...I would go that way if you can.

I would also try to get the mom and have her fixed. Most cat groups will work with you on this (like help pay for the procedure) and if you offer a safe home (like outside place with straw that is covered) they will release back to your yard. They usually put a little notch in the ear to so others know the cat is feral, but fixed.

It almost sounds like the mom was NOT originally feral so perhaps she can become someone's loving pet along with her little one(s).

Post back with an update! Prayers and blessings to all!