Cat Litter Room Freshener

I have a handsome tabby cat called Mr. Smith and he's a mostly indoor cat therefore he has a litter tray in the bathroom. There's only one small problem and that is Tom cats tend to have a stronger smelling urine. I use a non-clumping litter and I buy a 30 litre bag on Amazon and it's the best one on the market, but nothing is perfect.

I came up with the idea recently to fill a decorative bowl I once found in a thrift shop with one scoop of the litter and then I added a good 20 drops or more of an essence oil I use for my diffuser. I used a strawberry aroma.
(I just happen to have some strawberry-shaped clips which I put on top burying the clips so they're hidden). Now I have a pleasant smelling bathroom!

I thought perhaps to make ones for other rooms in the house. I'll nip to my local charity shop soon to see what pretty bowls or jars I can find to suit each room. I expect to just top up the bowl every week with a few drops more of the essence oil.

It looks quite nice in the bathroom. Perhaps it might look better if I dyed it with some food colouring or added some small half-glass pebbles?
What do you think? :)

Source: My own

I just use a Glade plug-in in our bathroom and there is no litter box odor. I also keep a ziplock bag next to the litter box and clean it out every time I see a "hill" in the box.

I use the Dollar Tree litter mixed with a little bit of the clumping kind. I have had several people see the cat after they have been in the house for a while and be surprised because they say my house does not smell like "cat" at all.

You must live in the states as we don't have plugs in our bathrooms, and I'm not keen on the chemical smells of a plug-in. I clean out the box every few days but it does get a little stinky. I think the problem is the size of my teeny apartment. It really is VERY small. I have to meet visitors in my local pub as there's no room here.
I've been topping up my litter freshener and it does work really well. Before I even walk into the bathroom I can smell the strawberry essence. I'm glad you found a good solution for you.

Best wishes, Monique :)

Awesome idea! Bravo! I'm going to try this in several rooms...thank you!

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsJune 6, 2017
🌻
🐛
😷
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cat-Litter-Room-Freshener.html