Cat Not Using the Litter Box

I need ideas this 4 month old cat that is peeing everywhere it feels it wants to. I am about 70% sure he has pooped somewhere in my room cause it has a poop smell. I've been searching for 2 days. I need some ideas of how to stop this before I have to take him to a shelter.

Questions:
Do you have any other pets/cats?
Does the cat have the run of the house, or just the one room?
How many litter boxes and where are they located?

I have an indoor/outdoor female cat. I got her as a kitten and started with two small litter boxes, one in the pantry and one in my bedroom. I never shut her in a room. I scooped both boxes twice daily and changed litter/cleaned the boxes every two weeks.
I have no other cats.

I don't know if any of this helps, but I need more details to try to help you.

An orange kitty..lucky you. They are the best. You didn't tell us much except your cat is peeing in the wrong places. This can be caused by many different things. He may not like the litter you use. He may not like the litter box. An open large box is best. You need to have more than one box in a different area of the house. They should be in a quiet private area, not close to where he eats. Clean it once or twice a day. You should have your cat checked for UTIs. Check for neighborhood cats that your cat can see through the windows. That can send them off marking their territory. If there are a lot of cats you may need to block that view temporarily. Be sure to clean and deodorize areas that have been soiled. I like Fizzion the best. If things don't work out your cat is young enough to find a new home with no trouble.