Cat Pooping in Bath Tub

My cat is gonna be 5 years old and has recently been pooping in the tub. He has never done that before. The box is always clean and tub is as well. The poop is very wet and like a diarrhea color. My husband said he had just seen a little blood this week. Why do you think he is doing this since he has never done this before? Nothing has changed in our lifestyle.

Best Answer

He may have some kind of infection. His butt may be sore and the litter is irritating him. The tub is smooth. I would give the vet a call

Best Answer

Pooping or peeing in the bathtub is a pretty sure sign that your cat is having some pain. They think the cool smooth tub will make them feel better. There can be any number of things that would cause the diarrhea. It could be and infection, a blockage, or hookworms. Some of these can be quite serious. You cat needs to see a Vet right away. Remember to take a stool sample.

If he has runny poop and some blood in his poop this could be very dangerous for the cat. He could have eaten something that is causing this to happen.

I'd call the vet and have him checked out. I wouldn't wait too long because it will only get worse.

I would take the pet into the vet. When an animal starts doing something out of the ordinary that is a big sign to us humans calling out for help. It's so you notice it.