Cat Who Loves To Play In Water

My 3 year old cat loves to splash the water out of his bowl. He still drinks out of the bowl, but loves to play with the water. He also comes in and drinks water from my bath when I'm in it. He will play with the bath water too, no matter how hot it is. If I'm soaking sore muscles I have it as hot as I can stand.

I also have 2 dogs who will eat the cat food more than their own if they can reach it, so I learned many years ago to keep the cat dishes (and litter box too, altho that's in a separate room) up out of the dogs' reach. I have my cat dishes on a "sofa table". It's higher than a coffee table and is perfect for feeding him on. It has a glass top so I don't have to worry about the wood getting ruined when he plays with his water.

To keep his dish from sliding around, I put some rubber shelf liner under it. Then I just lay a dish towel on top of the rubber to absorb the water. I simply replace the towel every morning. Now he's able to have fun playing in his water bowl, and I don't have the mess I used to have!

I have a cat that loves to splash in her water dish. No matter what level it is, she has to splash first then she eventually drinks from it. But it makes such a mess, so much so that now I have to put a paper towel under the bowl to catch the mess lol.

My other cat doesn't do this but they both love running water and as soon as anyone heads to the bathroom they make a beeline in there and beg for the water to be turned on so they can get a drink, going right by the bowls of water they always have available.

My male cat splashes his water iut of his water dish. It makes a big mess. I have wood floors. Its like he does it just at certain times if the month. He has started to act like he is peeing around the house but nothing comes out. He tried this in my puppy's water bowl this morning. He has been throwing up yesterday and so.e this morning. He is very lifeless as well. He usually fights and hisses at the puppy not today. My puppy was fixed yesterday and she isnt herself today either. Help!

Mine stands on top of the dog dish stand, on top of the bowl and splashes it out. We've tried putting his bowl in something, on something and all he does it make a complete mess!

I thought cats didn't like water!!!!! HELP