Catching a Spider Web
Did you know you can catch a spider web? If you find spider webs as beautiful as I do, you should go out and catch one so that you can enjoy it as part of your home decor.
- black spray paint
- small scissors
- clear spray paint
- Note: This project is best done with 2 people.
Locate a spider web that you like, that can be accessed from both sides. Using a stick, gently remove the spider if one is present and relocate it to a safe place. Be sure to not damage the web in the process.
- Spray one side of the web with black spray paint. Now spray the other side of the web with black spray paint and immediately bring the canvas up behind the wed while the paint is still wet.
- This is where the second person comes in handy. While one person holds the canvas still, have the other person gently hold onto each anchor thread of the web and snip it free. Once the thread is free, carefully wrap it around the side of the canvas to hold it in place. It is important to hold onto the thread to maintain the web shape.
- Once the web has been cut free you can double check that it seems securely attached to the canvas.
- Now coat the entire canvas with clear spray paint, including the sides. Allow the paint to dry and apply a second coat. Enjoy!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!