Cauliflower Pudding Recipe
Mashed cauliflower can make a nice baked side dish. This page contains a cauliflower pudding recipe
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
It was on sale for 99 cents a head, so it is what's on the dinner table tonight.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
Source: Nursery School Cookbook
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- 4 Tbsp seasoned bread crumbs
- Steam or microwave the cauliflower until tender, but not mushy.
- Drain the cauliflower and mash it up with a fork.
- Sauté the onions until translucent.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Transfer to an 8-inch square or round pan.
- Bake for an hour at 400 degrees F.
September 27, 20170 found this helpful
Like a substitute for bread, that cauli. I like it! I will try it. Thanks for posting :)
September 29, 20170 found this helpful
When I read "pudding" I thought of something else. But this looks really good so "pudding" it is!!
September 30, 20170 found this helpful
Sounds good - will have to try it as cauliflower was on sale in my neck of woods also.