Cauliflower, Sausage and Okra Soup
This is a simple and healthy soup that is perfect for a chilly evening. This was my first attempt and I recommend just 10 minutes, not 15 minutes like I did it. Otherwise, it is very delicious and filling.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 people
- 1 lb cauliflower
- 3 jumbo shrimp
- 3/4 lb okra
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 3 garlic
- 3/4 lb sweet Italian pork sausage
- 3 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 gal water
- 2 bay leaves
- Wash okra and cauliflower. Chop cauliflower and onions. Mince garlic.
- In your instant pot, select soup setting on high for 10 minutes and add water.
- Using spoon create pork sausage balls and drop into water. Add shrimp and bay leaves.
- Add chopped onions and minced garlic.
- Then add cauliflower and okra then cover. Allow to cook for 10 minutes only. I cooked for 15 minutes (and it was too long).
- Ready to serve over rice or left over refrigerated rice.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.