Causes of Sudden Death in Dogs

Why my dog stick his tongue out when he died and his eyes were reddish color?

You have my deepest and heartfelt condolences on the loss of your pup. Losing them is so hard and not knowing what or why can be even worse. Guessing as to the cause can make you crazy, which is not good when you are mourning.

I would suggest that you talk to your vet -- who knowing your pup's history may be able to offer you some insights.

I do know from being with people and animals who have passed that when they leave their earthly body their reflexes all relax, which could explain why the tongue was out. The red eyes can be many things and may have even been like that before, but was not noticeable until he passed and the eye rolled or drooped (so to speak) and you could see the white part was red.

My prayer for you is that you always find comfort and joy in the memory of your beloved fur child. Take care of your self!

There are many causes of sudden death. Some of them could be heart failure or poisoning.

Your vet would be able to determine the cause of death better than anyone.