Ceiling Tile Giant Decorative Flip-Flop
A damaged or extra ceiling tile is the perfect thing to use for making a large, fun decoration for a beach house, beach themed room, or even as a party decoration. This is a page about making a ceiling tile giant decorative flip-flop
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Here's a great way to recycle a damaged ceiling tile. These are great for decorating a beach house, for a luau, or simply for a girl's bedroom.
Approximate Time: About 1 hour
- new or used ceiling tile
- acrylic paint color of your choice
- two 18-inch lengths of 1 1/2-inch wide ribbon
- 3-inch silk flower
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- electric jigsaw or small handsaw
- pen or pencil
- paint brush
- 18 inches of 3/4-inch wide ribbon for hanger
- Use a pen or pencil to draw a flip-flop shape onto the ceiling tile.
- Cut it out using a jigsaw or small handsaw.
- Paint the flip-flop a desired color and allow to dry.
- Cut ribbon into two equal pieces and glue each piece about 4 inches down from top of flip-flop to resemble the straps (refer to photo) overlapping the ribbon in the center and gluing ends in back. If necessary, trim each end.
- Remove silk flower from stem and glue it on top of where the ribbons meet on the front.
- Knot the ends of the 3/4-inch wide ribbon and glue the ends at top of flip-flop for hanger.
By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC
May 12, 20100 found this helpful
I love this idea! It would be great for a pool party or for a girls party decoration! Would you mind if I posted a link to this on my blog?
May 13, 20100 found this helpful
Beverly, you can post links to anything on ThriftyFun on your blog. Let us know if you need assistance.