Ceiling Tile Giant Decorative Flip-Flop
May 10, 2010
Here's a great way to recycle a damaged ceiling tile. These are great for decorating a beach house, for a luau, or simply for a girl's bedroom.
Approximate Time: About 1 hour
- new or used ceiling tile
- acrylic paint color of your choice
- two 18-inch lengths of 1 1/2-inch wide ribbon
- 3-inch silk flower
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- electric jigsaw or small handsaw
- pen or pencil
- paint brush
- 18 inches of 3/4-inch wide ribbon for hanger
- Use a pen or pencil to draw a flip-flop shape onto the ceiling tile.
- Cut it out using a jigsaw or small handsaw.
- Paint the flip-flop a desired color and allow to dry.
- Cut ribbon into two equal pieces and glue each piece about 4 inches down from top of flip-flop to resemble the straps (refer to photo) overlapping the ribbon in the center and gluing ends in back. If necessary, trim each end.
- Remove silk flower from stem and glue it on top of where the ribbons meet on the front.
- Knot the ends of the 3/4-inch wide ribbon and glue the ends at top of flip-flop for hanger.
By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.