Celery and Herb Stew

Many traditional Persian stews are difficult to make, but I find this one great for beginners. Believe me when I say it does not taste beginner at all. The celery gets fried with mint and parsley, making it very fragrant and tender. You can use any kind of meat you like for this stew. I used beef. You could also make it vegetarian. Serve with a bed of basmati rice.

I used dried Persian limes for this recipe. There is a link below to some online. You can replace the dried limes in this recipe with juice from a couple fresh limes to make it easier. I always add fresh lime juice in the end, as well.

Prep Time: 30 minutes

Cook Time: 90 minutes

Total Time: 2 hours

Yield: 4-6 servings

Related Product: 

1. Heat a couple tablespoons of oil to a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the chopped celery and cook for 10 minutes until softened.
  2. Advertisement

3. Stir in chopped parsley and mint. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Shut off heat and set aside.
  4. Add a couple tablespoons of oil to a large pot over medium heat. Add onions and cook until softened.
  5. Stir in garlic. Cook a couple minutes.
  6. Add meat, turmeric, and some salt and pepper. Cook and stir until meat browns.
  7. Advertisement

8. Stir in tomato paste and cook for a minute.
  9. Add the celery herb mixture to the pot. Stir well.
  10. Add about 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for about an hour.
  11. Add chopped dried limes or lime juice and cook another 15 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally. Add salt, pepper, and fresh lime juice to taste. Should be savoury with a sour touch. Serve with basmati rice and some fresh mint leaves.
  12. Advertisement

Food and Recipes Recipes International Middle EasternMay 16, 2020
🐛
👔
🌻
🎆
😎
😷

Generated 2020-05-17 23:12:20 in 3 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️

Middle EasternInternational