Chain Clothes Drying Line

contest winner icon

I use lengths of painted, rustproof chain instead of cotton or nylon cord on my clothesline poles. Then I hang the clothing on hangers and put on the line. When they're dry, all I have to do is hang them in the closet! Towels can be hung the usual way, with clips.

By Beth from Danvile, OH

What a great idea! Thank you!

Great tip! Love it.

Excellent idea!

I cannot have a clothes line as am in a condo, so miss it. I put my clothes in the dryer on damp dry (low) for 5 mins, take them out and hang them up. Have not used an iron in years.

Beth, this sounds like a great idea but where would you find painted rust proof chain?
Thanks

I don't use a clothesline right now, but in the future plan on going to live in Honduras. I have plans to take a wringer washer, and will be sure to take some chain! By the way, we are practically neighbors, I live near Nashville, Ohio!

I did this with a length of chain on my covered deck from a post to the house and am using it for many years. A "funny man" coworker said when I talked about it at the office said, "gee, that's great, you don't look that smart!"!

We all laughed, all in good fun. Oh BTW, I went to the hardware store for my chain and it doesn't rust.

I have seen painted or coated chain at the hardware store. You can usually buy it by the foot. I'd like to have a good way to line dry my clothes in nicer weather.

Thanks for the great idea!

Hardware stores also carry plastic "chain" which not only doesn't rust but is much lighter to hang.

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryApril 30, 2012
🎂
🌻
📓