Charcoal to Absorb Foul Odors

Aside from using charcoal for grilling fishes, meat or corn, charcoal also can be used as foul odor absorber. If there is a foul odor inside your living room, bedroom, bathroom, kitchen or even inside your fridge, you can use charcoal to absorb the odor.

Place it in a medium bowl or box or can, anything you're comfortable with to place your charcoal. Leave it in the area where there is a foul odor. The charcoal will absorb it, and the place will odor free!

Top Comment

This is true. Crumpled newspaper also neutralizes odors in coolers and refrigerators.

that's new to me.. crumpled newspapers? how does it happen? just curious.

My husband accidentally gave me charcoal with lighter fluid on it and I put it in plastic coffee containers, without plastic bags to cover the charcoal. Are they ruined???

I can't really scrub them with soap and hot water because they are painted and have di cut stickers on them.
Should I just say 'Screw it' and do the project over?