August 17, 2020
See if this works with your children. Mine is a very picky eater so I have to find ways for him to be able to eat vegetables. This one for the nth time is an effective trick for him. I'm glad my innovations work so my boy will eat some veggies.
- 1 small chayote
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch (optional)
- 1 tsp powdered black pepper
- Slice chayote into strips.
- Pour a cup of water and add salt. Mix well then soak for about 30 minutes.
- Drain soaked chayote.
- Mix together flour, corn starch and powdered black pepper.
- Add egg and a tablespoon of water.
- Mix well. Then pour over chayote strips.
- Coat chayote with batter.
- Fry over medium heat.
- Remove from pan when golden brown. It's best to place over a plate with paper towel to remove excess oil. Serve sprinkled with salt or powdered flavoring and your favorite French fry dip.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.