General AdviceConsumer Advice

Check Country Source of DVDs Sold on eBay

When buying a DVD from eBay, first check where it is coming from. I bought one that came from England without realizing it and could not play it on my TV. With some help, I figured out how I can play it on the computer. It was too much of a hassle for me to send it back.

By Linda from Bloomington, IL from IL

Australia works on PAL system so anything from elsewhere will only play on a computer. I sent DVD to friend in Canada and they have it converted (at a cost) to their system. In to-days technology we should be able to make this universal. States have different rail gauges for what ever their reason is. Really am sorry for you but remember the old Latin words "buyer beware" better luck next time.

Recently I rented a DVD out of the Red Box and it wouln't play. I checked closely and it was to be sent to or came from Europe. That when I learned about the difference in DVDS. I called the Red Box and they said it was placed in error.

The customer service rep said I could play it on the computer and it would work that way too. The good thing about Red Box they will always make it right by giving free movie rentals for your trouble.